Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

WGAP47573

Create Line chart with two Y axis like Excel Pivot chart

I need to reproduce a line chatr with 2 Y axis in Power BI similar to Excel using Pivot Table chart.  In Excel is very simple, in very few clicks I can generate this chart with multiple columns overlapped in both Y axis:

WGAP47573_0-1713858429920.png

Trying to reproduce the same in Power BI, I created all required measures and auxiliary tables to achieve this without success so far.  When I try to use the line chart secondary Y axis, don't accept even the second axis for a single column for a second Y axis.

WGAP47573_1-1713860979187.png

Dataset used is the same for both Excel and Power BI.

Every dataset for each line is about +/- 570 data points.

Really appreciate in advance your valuable help.

Kind regards,

WGAP47573

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @WGAP47573 ,

First of all, many thanks to @amitchandak  for your very quick and effective replies.

The native visual doesn't support this, but you can do this with custom visuals available in appsource like the below (these are paid custom visuals though, not free. costs about $4 or so per user).

Advanced Line Chart (Pro) (microsoft.com)

vbinbinyumsft_0-1713925681985.png

It would be straight forward to build a dual-axis chart with either the Charticulator or Deneb visuals. Both are free.

(15) Austin Power BI User Group - Charticulator 101 - YouTube

Getting Started | Deneb (deneb-viz.github.io)

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @WGAP47573 ,

First of all, many thanks to @amitchandak  for your very quick and effective replies.

The native visual doesn't support this, but you can do this with custom visuals available in appsource like the below (these are paid custom visuals though, not free. costs about $4 or so per user).

Advanced Line Chart (Pro) (microsoft.com)

vbinbinyumsft_0-1713925681985.png

It would be straight forward to build a dual-axis chart with either the Charticulator or Deneb visuals. Both are free.

(15) Austin Power BI User Group - Charticulator 101 - YouTube

Getting Started | Deneb (deneb-viz.github.io)

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-binbinyu-msft 

Thanks for your reply and support, I'll checkout your proposed solution in detail to find the most adequated workaround.  I hope Power BI team will consider to have similar functionalities as Excel Power Pivot, which are really powerful, easy to use and with a lot of flexibility.

Kind regards,

WGAP47573

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@WGAP47573 , In power bi, if you can not use legend and secondary axis together

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.