Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Conditional formatting in table with percentages

Good, I've been trying to apply conditional formatting to a column in a table that has percentages. Basically what I wanted to do was place red if the percentage was between 0 and 10, yellow between 10 and 20, and green between 20 and 100.

Using a measure, I managed to conditionally format that column as I show:

nsalvay_2-1621539500123.png

Now, if "I don't use a measure" to set the conditional formatting of the column I can't make it work. That is, if in the "Depending on the Field" drop-down (within the conditional formatting edition) I select the data count does not work:

nsalvay_3-1621539649109.png

If you look at the values in the % ASSIGNMENTS column, I set them as percentages:

nsalvay_4-1621539727039.png

I understand that in this second way I should walk... Do you know if it's an app error or am I wrong about something?

Best regards

Nicholas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,

In your case, you need to use measure instead of column field to set color rules. If you use the column , there is no percent options in summarization. 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Syndicate_Admin , 1. Use number/ absolute value, In place of percent in the conditional formatting screen.

2. If it is % because you mark it % column. It means value is in the range of 0 to 1 and power bi showing it multiply by 100

3. 0 to 10 mean 0 to .1 and so on

Good morning, thanks for the answer. I tried that method and others but it doesn't work for me:

nsalvay_1-1621620371143.png

I'm left if it's not an application error.

Best regards

Nico

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,

In your case, you need to use measure instead of column field to set color rules. If you use the column , there is no percent options in summarization. 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Thank you, I wanted to get that doubt out, it would be nice if the tool allowed it without having to resort to a measure. Best regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.