Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Gerri
Frequent Visitor

Conditional formatting for Total Labels

Hello, 

I'm using a measure to color the total label but for some reason it's not working for the stacked coloumn chart.

I know that my measure is working fine from the tables but for some reason it's not working for total labels.

Where am I going wrong?

Gerri_2-1653017611332.png

Gerri_1-1653017543175.png

Gerri_3-1653017799716.png

4 REPLIES 4
M181ut

For other people who had a similar problem, I found a way to solve it.

I have a stacked graph of charges divided by categories and for an unknwon and bizarre reason the formatting of total labels is based on the top column of the stacked column so only one category and not the total.

To bypass this, I created a measure CALCULATE([charges], ALLEXCEPT( list of filters I need BUT categories)) and I base my formatting on this new measure that is not affected by categories.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Gerri,

When you use table and matrix visuals, conditional formatting works on the detail levels and they did not apply to the total level.
For the stacked column chart, the conditional color formatting only worked when you do not use table columns on the legend fields.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Gerri , the Color on the label is based on grand total value. That is the reason

How should I edit the measure to split it over the months?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.