Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

kellyyaker
Frequent Visitor

Can Power BI Add Time/Date Stamps Based on Field Changes?

I have several reports that I use that show the count of leads in our system in different statuses. One of the issues we're having is determining how long leads are spending in different statuses (New, Assigned-Not Contacted, Contacted, etc.) because our CRM - Microsoft Dynamics - doesn't appear to timestamp the change in the field from one status to the next. 

Is there a way to have Power BI set a timestamp when it detects a change in a field? For example, a lead is created and set to "New" on 4/15/2021. A researcher sets the status to "Assigned-Not Contacted" on 4/17/2021 and a salesperson sets the status to "Contacted" on 5/1/2021. Is there a way I can add a column to add the timestamp 4/17/2021 when after that first status change and then add a column to add the timestamp 5/1/2021 after the next status change?

I've looked around and haven't found anything helpful so far, so I figured I'd try my luck here.

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kellyyaker ,

Could you please share some sample data and the expected result to have a clear understanding of your question? I can do some tests for you.

You can save your files in some cloud sharing platforms and share the link here.

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Yuna

Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Is there no date column?  What does your data look like and what is your expected result?

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.