Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Sachy123
Helper V
Helper V

Bottom Lines!

I am planning to create a report where I need to show various calculations at the bottom of the tables as shown below.

E.g. 

RegionSalesCostsEmployees
APAC600004000100
EMEA300002000200
USA200001000300
Total <TOTAL SALES><MEDIAN COSTS><AVERAGE EMPLOYEES>

So , how can I start? shall I create a measure? but then how can I show it on the bottom like as in the table above?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sachy123 ,

Based on my test, since for Sales , the total field is sum(Sales), you could use the default summarization type. And For Costs and Employees ,please try the following formula to create measures:

• Method1:
Costs1 = IF(HASONEVALUE('Table'[Costs]),SUM('Table'[Costs]),MEDIAN('Table'[Costs]))
Employees1 = IF(HASONEVALUE('Table'[Employees]),SUM('Table'[Employees]),AVERAGE('Table'[Employees]))
  • Method2:
Costs2 = IF(ISINSCOPE('Table'[Region]),SUM('Table'[Costs]),MEDIAN('Table'[Costs]))
Employees2 = IF(ISINSCOPE('Table'[Region]),SUM('Table'[Employees]),AVERAGE('Table'[Employees]))

The final output is shown below:

different total.jpg

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sachy123 ,

Based on my test, since for Sales , the total field is sum(Sales), you could use the default summarization type. And For Costs and Employees ,please try the following formula to create measures:

• Method1:
Costs1 = IF(HASONEVALUE('Table'[Costs]),SUM('Table'[Costs]),MEDIAN('Table'[Costs]))
Employees1 = IF(HASONEVALUE('Table'[Employees]),SUM('Table'[Employees]),AVERAGE('Table'[Employees]))
  • Method2:
Costs2 = IF(ISINSCOPE('Table'[Region]),SUM('Table'[Costs]),MEDIAN('Table'[Costs]))
Employees2 = IF(ISINSCOPE('Table'[Region]),SUM('Table'[Employees]),AVERAGE('Table'[Employees]))

The final output is shown below:

different total.jpg

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Sachy123 yes you need to create measure and check in the measure if you are at the total line, and one way to do this is by using HASONEVALUE function:

Example measure:

Test Measure =
//in this example, if it is on total line it will calculate average otherwise sum
IF ( HASONEVALUE ( Table[Region] ), SUM ( Table[Costs] ), AVERAGE ( Table[Costs] ) ) )

Check my latest blog post Comparing Selected Client With Other Top N Clients | PeryTUS  I would ❤ Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.