Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

LakiCG
Frequent Visitor

Average of Measure (Time data)

Hi,

This is a sample of my Power BI table:

DateFirst CallLast Call
6/25/20189:17 AM5:45 PM
6/22/201810:43 AM10:55 AM
6/21/201810:23 AM2:42 PM
6/20/20189:59 AM3:35 PM
6/19/201810:31 AM8:16 PM

First Call and Last Call are calculated Measures and this is how I got them:

First Call = CALCULATE(MIN('Calls'[Local Time]),Calls[direction]="Outbound")

Last Call = CALCULATE(MAX('Calls'[Local Time]),Calls[direction]="Outbound")

I would like to calculate Average time of the First Call and average time of the last call but. This is what I tried but it doesn't give the correct result:

Avg First Call = FORMAT(AVERAGEX(Calls,CALCULATE(MIN(Calls[Local Time]), Calls[direction]="Outbound")),"h:mm:ss")

The result is 13:32:26 which is not correct. The correct result should be 10:11AM (avg of the First Call).

How can I calculate an avarege time of the first / last call in this case where First / Last Call are the calculated measures?

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @LakiCG,

Based on my test, you can refer to below steps:

1.I have entered some sample data to test your problem, here is the data I entered in below picture.

A.PNG

2.I create two measures you mentioned in your problem and create two new measures to calculate the average time of the First Call and the Last Call.

Avg First call = var a=SUMMARIZE('Calls',[Date],"firstcall",CALCULATE(MIN('Calls'[Local Time]),Calls[direction]="Outbound"),"Lastcall",CALCULATE(MAX('Calls'[Local Time]),Calls[direction]="Outbound"))

return FORMAT(AVERAGEX(a,[firstcall]),"h:mm:ss")

Avg Last call = var a=SUMMARIZE('Calls',[Date],"firstcall",CALCULATE(MIN('Calls'[Local Time]),Calls[direction]="Outbound"),"Lastcall",CALCULATE(MAX('Calls'[Local Time]),Calls[direction]="Outbound"))

return FORMAT(AVERAGEX(a,[Lastcall]),"h:mm:ss")

3.Create a Table visual, add the [Data], [First Call], [Last Call]. Create a Card visual, add the [Avg Last call] and [Avg First Call] fields. Now you can see the result.

A3.PNG

You can also download the PBIX file to have a view.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7hb9ovfa0zwjwh/Average%20of%20Measure%20%28Time%20data%29%20.pbix?dl=0

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @LakiCG,

Based on my test, you can refer to below steps:

1.I have entered some sample data to test your problem, here is the data I entered in below picture.

A.PNG

2.I create two measures you mentioned in your problem and create two new measures to calculate the average time of the First Call and the Last Call.

Avg First call = var a=SUMMARIZE('Calls',[Date],"firstcall",CALCULATE(MIN('Calls'[Local Time]),Calls[direction]="Outbound"),"Lastcall",CALCULATE(MAX('Calls'[Local Time]),Calls[direction]="Outbound"))

return FORMAT(AVERAGEX(a,[firstcall]),"h:mm:ss")

Avg Last call = var a=SUMMARIZE('Calls',[Date],"firstcall",CALCULATE(MIN('Calls'[Local Time]),Calls[direction]="Outbound"),"Lastcall",CALCULATE(MAX('Calls'[Local Time]),Calls[direction]="Outbound"))

return FORMAT(AVERAGEX(a,[Lastcall]),"h:mm:ss")

3.Create a Table visual, add the [Data], [First Call], [Last Call]. Create a Card visual, add the [Avg Last call] and [Avg First Call] fields. Now you can see the result.

A3.PNG

You can also download the PBIX file to have a view.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7hb9ovfa0zwjwh/Average%20of%20Measure%20%28Time%20data%29%20.pbix?dl=0

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-danhe-msft thank you, this works! Great solution, how to use calculated measure to get another one.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.