Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

x-datita
Frequent Visitor

A categorical chart with drill down

Hello!

I have two questions:

Is it possible to create a chart where the y-axis is categorical and the x-axis is a date and the values are sales?
And in that same graph, how can I drill down?

To better explain my questions, this is what I am looking for:

I want a graph where the x-axis is the date and the y-axis is a categorical value. The values to be plotted are sales.

Once I have that graph, I would like to drill down from the selection of a collection (categorical value), to see the sales, but now from the codes of that selected collection.

xdatita_0-1714695481461.png    next...  

xdatita_1-1714695941560.png

I add my file, I hope you can help me.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/137SC6UYQ7MyLM0uIhbv95CTMrrsCfARn/view?usp=sharing

Thank you :))

2 REPLIES 2
Uzi2019
Super User
Super User

Hi @x-datita 

The functionality you'r looking like legends must have 2 fileds so you can drop down to legend level of hierarchy.

You want to have collection + code both on Legend of the line chart.

Unfortunetly there is NO such option available in power bi even I have checked the visual from market place. No Luck.

I hope I answered your question!

Note: You can add hierachy in X axis only Like Date > Code Not in Y axis not in Legends. Y axis and legends only accepts 1 value .

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!
Element115
Power Participant
Power Participant

Here you go:

Screenshot 2024-05-02 212730.jpg

Different kind of data, but same principle:  in the X-axis data well, you drop your DimDate fields (here QuarterInCalendar = Q12024 etc, and Date, and below these you drop the field that represents one of your categories (here it is ID_sensor).  

Then you drop the field that represents the values in the Y-axis data well.  

And finally, in the top right corner of your visual you should see some icons: 

Screenshot 2024-05-02 212404.jpg

I got the wrong type of data, that's why you see dots instead of lines. I wanted to respond quickly, and not in the mood to mock up a scenario.   But the principle is the same.  

Click on the icon in the red square and Bob's your uncle!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.