Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

x-datita
Frequent Visitor

A categorical chart with drill down

Hello!

I have two questions:

Is it possible to create a chart where the y-axis is categorical and the x-axis is a date and the values are sales?
And in that same graph, how can I drill down?

To better explain my questions, this is what I am looking for:

I want a graph where the x-axis is the date and the y-axis is a categorical value. The values to be plotted are sales.

Once I have that graph, I would like to drill down from the selection of a collection (categorical value), to see the sales, but now from the codes of that selected collection.

xdatita_0-1714695481461.png    next...  

xdatita_1-1714695941560.png

I add my file, I hope you can help me.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/137SC6UYQ7MyLM0uIhbv95CTMrrsCfARn/view?usp=sharing

Thank you :))

2 REPLIES 2
Uzi2019
Super User
Super User

Hi @x-datita 

The functionality you'r looking like legends must have 2 fileds so you can drop down to legend level of hierarchy.

You want to have collection + code both on Legend of the line chart.

Unfortunetly there is NO such option available in power bi even I have checked the visual from market place. No Luck.

I hope I answered your question!

Note: You can add hierachy in X axis only Like Date > Code Not in Y axis not in Legends. Y axis and legends only accepts 1 value .

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!
Element115
Power Participant
Power Participant

Here you go:

Screenshot 2024-05-02 212730.jpg

Different kind of data, but same principle:  in the X-axis data well, you drop your DimDate fields (here QuarterInCalendar = Q12024 etc, and Date, and below these you drop the field that represents one of your categories (here it is ID_sensor).  

Then you drop the field that represents the values in the Y-axis data well.  

And finally, in the top right corner of your visual you should see some icons: 

Screenshot 2024-05-02 212404.jpg

I got the wrong type of data, that's why you see dots instead of lines. I wanted to respond quickly, and not in the mood to mock up a scenario.   But the principle is the same.  

Click on the icon in the red square and Bob's your uncle!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.