Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Netrelemo
Helper IV
Helper IV

1 Page per record with record selectors?

Is there a way to show a bunch of fields from one record on the page, and then have "record selectors" at the bottom? 

This is a problem of slow reading of details, rather than quick summary of masses of short data. 

I have some long text data, and it doesn;t work to shoehorn it ito a table. So I could put specific fields on the page maybe, and then have as buttons, - at the bottom - "<< Previous | Next >>"

Is something like that possible? 

EDIT (21 March)

-----------------

I've realised that my description means something different to those who are reading it. 

When I say "page" I was thinking of the way MS Access used to do it.

So maybe the correct term is "Record selector" not "page selector".

Netrelemo_0-1710961713534.png

The problem I am trying to solve is that the audience needs to read a largish paragraph of data, in each rcord, and flip between them. Large paragraphs of data don't work well in tables. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @Netrelemo 

You can try to use Grid by MAQ Software visual objects.

vyaningymsft_1-1710914463494.png
vyaningymsft_0-1710914438417.png

If you want to display very long strings in full, only Table and Text visual objects are available; and you have to consider dynamic Previous/Next page, you can't get the "Page Number" property in Power BI, so your requirement can't be realized in the current version. You can submit an idea for here and the product team will take note of such a need.

Related Link: New tab (powerbi.com)

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Netrelemo
Helper IV
Helper IV

Nope, (a) how many pages? and (b) there are certainly a hundred+ records

Hi, @Netrelemo 

You can try to use Grid by MAQ Software visual objects.

vyaningymsft_1-1710914463494.png
vyaningymsft_0-1710914438417.png

If you want to display very long strings in full, only Table and Text visual objects are available; and you have to consider dynamic Previous/Next page, you can't get the "Page Number" property in Power BI, so your requirement can't be realized in the current version. You can submit an idea for here and the product team will take note of such a need.

Related Link: New tab (powerbi.com)

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

v-yaningy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Netrelemo 

Based on your description, you want to implement queries with navigation buttons for record browsing.Power BI doesn't have a built-in "record selector" like traditional database forms.If you have a small amount of data, you can use buttons (page navigation) to implement similar functionality.

vyaningymsft_0-1710901334284.pngvyaningymsft_1-1710901346533.pngvyaningymsft_2-1710901356157.png

vyaningymsft_3-1710901635655.png

Related link: Create buttons in Power BI reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.