Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

jsrichards
Frequent Visitor

Gen2 Dataflow load to Lakehouse error - Can't insert null data into non-nullable column

I am trying to load a handful of tables from Business Central to a Fabric Lakehouse using Gen2 Dataflows and the BC connector but keep getting the following error. For reference, I have the dataflow set to create the table and replace any existing data.

104100 Couldn't refresh the entity because of an issue with the mashup document MashupException.Error: DataFormat.Error: Error in replacing table's content with new data in a version: #{0}., InnerException: We can't insert null data into a non-nullable column., Underlying error: We can't insert null data into a non-nullable column. Details: Reason = DataFormat.Error;Message = We can't insert null data into a non-nullable column.;Message.Format = We can't insert null data into a non-nullable column.;Microsoft.Data.Mashup.Error.Context = User

I understand what the error message is saying but am confused about why the columns created by the dataflow are not nullable by default. Is there a way to specify the columns to be nullable? I'd like to avoid manually creating the tables in a notebook as some can be hundreds of columns long.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
miguel
Community Admin
Community Admin

10 REPLIES 10
miguel
Community Admin
Community Admin

Please check this section of the documentation around cases like this:

Dataflow Gen2 data destinations and managed settings - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

Thanks Miguel, this fixed the issue 🙂

Only programmatically, I guess?  No GUI checkbox anymore?

I'm not aware of something in the UI in the past as a checkbox for this. We're aware of this and we plan on addressing this scenario in a near future.

rubayatyasmin
Super User
Super User

That's sad. I getting new kind of errro in my prod env. Btw, you can follow the thread bellow. Maybe you need to contact the support team. 

Solved: Re: Gen2 Dataflow load to Lakehouse error - We can... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!super-user-logo

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks, unfortunately that thread didn't help so I ended up raising a support ticket.

Hi @jsrichards 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

Apologies for the inconvenience that you are facing here.

If you have raised support ticket could you please provide the ticket number here as we can keep an eye on it.

Thanks

rubayatyasmin
Super User
Super User

Hi, @jsrichards 

try the process again form the start. make sure your source has the allow null option selected. I am loading data using gen2 that have null values and it is refreshing successfully. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!super-user-logo

Proud to be a Super User!

Where is this 'allow null values' checkbox?  Don't see it anywhere?

Hi @rubayatyasmin 

I don't see an 'allow null' option in the data source.

jsrichards_1-1707878454422.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.