Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

mwsmoley
Helper I
Helper I

Run from API

Hello,

I am trying to find out if Microsoft Fabric Data Factory has APIs to run a pipeline.  I have searched the microsoft documentation and found https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/fabric/ but all it has is Admin functionality but nothing else.  I have done searching on the forums and stackoverflow and other sites but have found nothing. Is it possible to run a pipeline in fabric from a REST API call?

Sincerly,

Michal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mwsmoley ,

I have reached the internal team regarding this feature. Currently it is not possible to run/trigger a pipeline in fabric from a REST API call as it is not available. This feature is still in development phase and will be live shortly. 
Hence I request you to wait for the new feature release.
Thanks for understanding.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mwsmoley ,

I have reached the internal team regarding this feature. Currently it is not possible to run/trigger a pipeline in fabric from a REST API call as it is not available. This feature is still in development phase and will be live shortly. 
Hence I request you to wait for the new feature release.
Thanks for understanding.

I'm trying through postman with below url 
https://api.fabric.microsoft.com/v1/workspaces/fg4a4735-e171-4a45-8adc-39f9b317db74/items/aad3859b-f...

but getting below error 

{
    "requestId": "bff0121f-35fc-4c9a-8bfa-bf30a9e58a5c",
    "errorCode": "BadRequest",
    "message": "Unable to process the operation due to an error in the request"

It appears the Microsoft Fabric Rest API has been updated to include more functionality but I am still not seeing the ability to trigger an ADF Pipeline.

Yes with Fabric going into GA they released a slew of new features and updates but still have a more on the API side and stability before this product should be recommended by anyone for production use.

I'm looking forward to this as well.  How can we get notified when it is available?

Hello v-gchenna-msft,

Thank you for the information and I am glad to hear that this is currently in development.

Michal

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors