Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Clinical_Epi
Advocate III
Advocate III

Dynamic legend with percentages only totalling for entire date period

Hi all,

I am sucessfully running dynamic titles, and line filters etc, and am stretching the dashboard design to its breaking point (I feel). I'm hoping one of you may have encountere d- or can see the solution to this problem..

Using the below measure, which is part of an unpivoted table - linked via index to the fact table, but I cant work out how to make the percentage dynamic by date selection..

For example my measure: 
%ED  = DIVIDE([ED Value],CALCULATE([ED Value],ALLEXCEPT('_ED filter','_ED filter'[filter value])))

Using the "presentation date" from within the fact table is showing 100% over the whole date range... How can I make it dynamically show a different spread for the years - ie: for exmaple instead of the current way it works below
Clinical_Epi_0-1687322664811.png

So if I filtered the date to start from 01 July 2021 I would get a 100% spread over that time frame... I would have thought if I expanded or minimsed the date range using a date slider it would be able to show the percentage change for that period... and not just stick to 100% over the whole underlying table... lets say a year goes by, the percentages for each year would be different...

Is there a way to make the percentage 100% for each year AND having it dynamic?

Many thanks and appreciate its a difficult one. 

Clin Epi

1 REPLY 1
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Clinical_Epi ,

It may be because in the ALLEXCEPT function, the field of the filter you want to keep is different from the field you actually filter. If possible, please provide some simple sample data and expected results, in tabular form.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.           

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Kudoed Authors