Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Accepted Solution

What is power bi?

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

Re: What is power bi?

Power BI for Office 365 is Microsoft's cloud-based business intelligence (BI) solution that works from within Excel and Office 365 to analyze and visualize data in a self-service way

View solution in original post

Power BI Admin

[ Edited ]

Even though the asnwer is somewhat right regarding Power BI for Office 365, we just updated our service to a new version. You can find the latest answer to this question in our FAQ.

Power BI is a cloud-based business analytics service that enables anyone to visualize and analyze data with greater speed, efficiency, and understanding. It connects users to a broad range of data through easy-to-use dashboards, interactive reports, and compelling visualizations that bring data to life.

Power BI Desktop is a free desktop application you can install right on your own computer. Power BI Desktop works cohesively with the Power BI service by providing advanced data exploration, shaping, modeling, and report creation with highly interactive visualizations. You can save your work to a file, and publish your data and reports right to your Power BI site to share with others.

Data for Everyone! We mean it

View solution in original post

All Replies
Frequent Visitor

Power BI for Office 365 is Microsoft's cloud-based business intelligence (BI) solution that works from within Excel and Office 365 to analyze and visualize data in a self-service way

Power BI Admin

[ Edited ]

Even though the asnwer is somewhat right regarding Power BI for Office 365, we just updated our service to a new version. You can find the latest answer to this question in our FAQ.

Power BI is a cloud-based business analytics service that enables anyone to visualize and analyze data with greater speed, efficiency, and understanding. It connects users to a broad range of data through easy-to-use dashboards, interactive reports, and compelling visualizations that bring data to life.

Power BI Desktop is a free desktop application you can install right on your own computer. Power BI Desktop works cohesively with the Power BI service by providing advanced data exploration, shaping, modeling, and report creation with highly interactive visualizations. You can save your work to a file, and publish your data and reports right to your Power BI site to share with others.

Data for Everyone! We mean it

This software looks ideal for the organisations I work for.  Please confirm, at zero cost, can I create and publish dashboards on our intranet (for an internal group) and our internet (for the world) using this software?   Is there a link you can direct me to which tells me clearly what I can and can do not with the free licence?  

Here you go, the differences between Power BI and Power BI Pro licensing - https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing