Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MAAbdullah47
Helper V
Helper V

unable to schedule Gate way refresh on windows credential

Dear All ,

I'm Trying to Setup a refresh schedule on My Dash board, when it reaches the data source credentials and when editing the credentials (Windows authentication) it not responding for infinite time (As the Image shows)? why did this happen? How to

resolve this problem?

Gw Not Respond.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @MAAbdullah47,

Please check the credential you configured in Personal Gateway when you installed it. Make sure it is the same one you you use to log on service.

Besides, I was not able to reproduce your problem, you could create a support ticket here to get more help.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Msaeed90
Frequent Visitor

This issue occurs with me when using a windows authentication in the data source I solved my issue by changing to SQL authentication "make sure you SQL DB support mixed-mode", but I was asking about why?

I got the answer that the windows user should have the windows rights "logon as service" but I didn't try it 
I hope this help and answers your question

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @MAAbdullah47,

I was not able to reproduce this issue. In your scenario, does this issue only occur to the case where you select Windowns authentication? Does this behavior occur when configuring credentials for other datasets?

Please check whether your windowns credential have access to this data source. What browser did you use? 

Besides, please check whether there existing any detailed information in log file or fiddler trace. Reference: Tools for troubleshooting

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm not able to do a scheduled refresh as you recommend here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-admin-troubleshooting-power-bi-personal-ga...

Schedule Refreash.png

Please advise. 

Hi @MAAbdullah47,

Please check the credential you configured in Personal Gateway when you installed it. Make sure it is the same one you you use to log on service.

Besides, I was not able to reproduce your problem, you could create a support ticket here to get more help.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

The Broweser Is Google Chrom

Hi @MAAbdullah47,

Does this behavior occur when configuring credentials for other datasets?

To determine whether this problem is related to your machine environment or just related to this certain dataset, could you check it on another machine? Or use a different account to connect to data source?

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

I would like to add some information, The tables stored in google drive and mapped through my own laptop:

Example: This is the location directory where the Tables stored in Google drive mapped from my device:

setwd("C:/XXXXXXXXX/Google Drive/Clients/Db/Data Worked")

Not sure if this might cause some problem in credentials?

Actually, I'm working on my personal machine, I didn't face any problems of credentials before when creating any datasets but only for the personal gate way.

Sorry for power bi gateway.

Yes In Any data-sets not in particular for this one.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors