Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dduffy
Regular Visitor

streaming dataset line chart displays no data

Hi,

I have created a simple dataset with two values, as part of a new streaming data api.

a: 10

b: 15

When I create a tile with a line chart and select A and B as the values nothing appears on chart. I am simply adding values A and B to the chart, why do the lines not appear ?

4 REPLIES 4
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @dduffy,

How do you create a dataset? You select the two columns value as value level? If you data type is string, you must calculate the filed using aggregated function. And what'd the field located in line chart axis level?

I try to reproduce your scenario. Create sample data table in Power Bi desktop. Publish the table to service dataset.

2.PNG

Create a line chart, select the Column1 as axis level, the Column2 as value level. Please see the following screenshot.

1.PNG

If this is not what you want, please share more details for further analysis.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi thank you for your reply, but I dont think you fully understand the question.

Firstly, I am using a data stream API option.

1. datastream creation - you can see the definition of the data stream

2. line chart - you can see the line chart selected and the two values selected

3. cards and line charts - here you can see cards with the values 100 and 125 all Ok, but the line chart nothing?

Datastream creationDatastream creationcard and line chartcard and line chartLine ChartLine Chart

Hi @dduffy,

As I tested, you should add a field in Axis box. If you don't add them, the value can't be showned.

Best Regards,
Angelia

How to add the field in Axis box? It is grayed out for me similar to the screenshot shared above.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors