Frequent Visitor

sql server 2016 \reporting services configuration manager \power bi integration error

Hi there,

I have installed sql server 2016 rc0 and am attempting to configure Reporting Services Power Bi integration.

When i attempt to register with powerbi, I the results below.

Is anyone else having the same issue?

Many thanks in advance.

- Sign into Azure Active Directory PASS

- Registering Power BI ClientApp PASS

- Register with Power BI FAIL

Error Message:

System.Management.ManagementException: This method is not implemented in any class
at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
at System.Management.ManagementObject.GetMethodParameters(String methodName, ManagementBaseObject& inParameters, IWbemClassObjectFreeThreaded& inParametersClass, IWbemClassObjectFreeThreaded& outParametersClass)
at System.Management.ManagementObject.GetMethodParameters(String methodName)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WmiProvider.RSWmiAdmin.SavePowerBIInformation(String clientId, String clientSecret, String appObjectId, String tenantName, String tenantId, String resourceUrl, String authUrl, String tokenUrl, String redirectUrls)
at ReportServicesConfigUI.WMIProvider.RSReportServerAdmin.SavePowerBIInformation(PowerBIAppConfiguration appConfig)

Visitor

Re: sql server 2016 \reporting services configuration manager\ power bi integration error

Hi all,

I am getting a similar error when integrating power BI in Reporting Services Configuration Manager.

"Sign in to azure directory"

Cn you help me with this.

Thanks in advance!!

New Contributor

Re: sql server 2016 \reporting services configuration manager \power bi integration error

Hi staffs,

I got same issue with @rarelyamson,

Screenshot 2017-02-13 11.55.07.pngScreenshot 2017-02-13 11.55.53.png

Microsoft.ReportingServices.WmiProvider.WMIProviderException: An unknown error has occurred in the WMI Provider. Error Code 80131500

---> System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WmiProvider.RSWmiAdmin.ThrowOnError(ManagementBaseObject mo)
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WmiProvider.RSWmiAdmin.SavePowerBIInformation(String clientId, String clientSecret, String appObjectId, String tenantName, String tenantId, String resourceUrl, String authUrl, String tokenUrl, String redirectUrls)
   at ReportServicesConfigUI.WMIProvider.RSReportServerAdmin.SavePowerBIInformation(PowerBIAppConfiguration appConfig)
Frequent Visitor

Re: sql server 2016 \reporting services configuration manager \power bi integration error

Hi Did you manage to resolve this? i am having the same issue.

Thanks

Tom

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @TMAUND123,

if "User Built-in account" for setting of Reporting service account is not working, please try with second option (use another account). I will check again and let you know.

Frequent Visitor

Frequent Visitor

To resolve the issue:
1. Re-download SSRS 2017 RC: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55252
2. Run the installer and choose "Upgrade Reporting Services"
3. Run Report Server Configuration Manager and you should now be able to configure your report server.

4. Enjoy Power BI report server

Thanks