Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

sql server 2016 \reporting services configuration manager \power bi integration error

Hi there,

I have installed sql server 2016 rc0 and am attempting to configure Reporting Services Power Bi integration.

When i attempt to register with powerbi, I the results below.

Is anyone else having the same issue?

Many thanks in advance.

- Sign into Azure Active Directory PASS

- Registering Power BI ClientApp PASS

- Register with Power BI FAIL

Error Message:

System.Management.ManagementException: This method is not implemented in any class
at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
at System.Management.ManagementObject.GetMethodParameters(String methodName, ManagementBaseObject& inParameters, IWbemClassObjectFreeThreaded& inParametersClass, IWbemClassObjectFreeThreaded& outParametersClass)
at System.Management.ManagementObject.GetMethodParameters(String methodName)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WmiProvider.RSWmiAdmin.SavePowerBIInformation(String clientId, String clientSecret, String appObjectId, String tenantName, String tenantId, String resourceUrl, String authUrl, String tokenUrl, String redirectUrls)
at ReportServicesConfigUI.WMIProvider.RSReportServerAdmin.SavePowerBIInformation(PowerBIAppConfiguration appConfig)

6 REPLIES 6
MartinHaman
Frequent Visitor

To resolve the issue:
1. Re-download SSRS 2017 RC: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55252
2. Run the installer and choose "Upgrade Reporting Services"
3. Run Report Server Configuration Manager and you should now be able to configure your report server.

4. Enjoy Power BI report server

Thanks

MartinHaman
Frequent Visitor

tringuyenminh92
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi staffs,

I got same issue with @Anonymous,

Screenshot 2017-02-13 11.55.07.pngScreenshot 2017-02-13 11.55.53.png

Microsoft.ReportingServices.WmiProvider.WMIProviderException: An unknown error has occurred in the WMI Provider. Error Code 80131500

---> System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WmiProvider.RSWmiAdmin.ThrowOnError(ManagementBaseObject mo)
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WmiProvider.RSWmiAdmin.SavePowerBIInformation(String clientId, String clientSecret, String appObjectId, String tenantName, String tenantId, String resourceUrl, String authUrl, String tokenUrl, String redirectUrls)
   at ReportServicesConfigUI.WMIProvider.RSReportServerAdmin.SavePowerBIInformation(PowerBIAppConfiguration appConfig)

Hi Did you manage to resolve this? i am having the same issue.

Thanks

Tom

Hi @TMAUND123,

if "User Built-in account" for setting of Reporting service account is not working, please try with second option (use another account). I will check again and let you know.

prabhsingh

Hi all,

I am getting a similar error when integrating power BI in Reporting Services Configuration Manager.

"Sign in to azure directory"

Cn you help me with this.

Thanks in advance!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors