Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

melina
Helper IV
Helper IV

schedule refresh

Hi All,

I have around 50 of reports. I had set schedule refesh for each report at the same time. Then published to web to get URL. 

It takes around 50 minutes and exceed 1 hour (62 minutes) to refresh in web. I would like to ask, it is the time taken became more longer when i have too many reports need to refresh at the same time?

3 REPLIES 3

@melina 1st, I hope that the data in your reports is open to the public, because by using "Publish to Web" you expose your reports to the world.

2nd) Publish to Web has a delay of roughly 1 hr after your dataset in Power BI is refreshed. This is a known limitation of using Publish to Web.

Both the above details can be found in the article - here

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi, Thanks for your reply. 

If i have many reports needs to schedule at the same time, it is it has posibility to became more longer until 2 or 3 hours?

Hi @melina,

If i have many reports needs to schedule at the same time, it is it has posibility to became more longer until 2 or 3 hours?

Based on my understanding, different datasets should be separately refreshed on Power BI service, so they won't affect each other.

In addition, while Publish to Web has a delay of roughly 1 hr after your dataset in Power BI is refreshed, when you configure a time for scheduled refresh, there can also be a delay of up to one hour before it begins. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors