Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

andykmwong
Helper III
Helper III

s

Dears,

I have a colleague is testing Power BI services who has shared me the created dashboard and grant me the access, 

data behind the dashbarod come from company on-premises data.

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/dashboards/92734292-66bd-4813-9965-f2469cd5f679

A few questions :

1. Why Power BI could be sign on automatically with company AD (my colleague) without need to manual logon (me). I am located in Hong Kong and my colleague is located in Shanghai China.

2. How to control the logon of Power BI services through company AD or manual logon ?

3. With url inital "https://app.powerbi.com", does the dashboardd is already hosted in cloud managed by Microsoft already ? 

Thanks 

Andy Wong

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @andykmwong,

In addition, for more details about User Authentication and Data and Service Security in Power BI, you can refer to this article. Smiley Happy

Regards

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Power BI is tied to Office 365 credentials (Azure AD) not on-premises AD. Couple different ways to achieve Single Sign-On (SSO) with AD. You can use ADFS for example. Alternatively, your colleague may already have authenticated to Office 365 in the same browser session, for example accessing a SharePoint Online site. Yes, the dashboard and report are hosted by Microsoft in the Power BI Service.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors