Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pxsam

registering gateway failed

Hi all,

After the installation of the on-premise gateway (enterprise not personal), step for Sign in fails with the following result: 

One or more errors occurred.
Request error: Id: '6879422f-756c-42f6-a658-36bff90f98ee', Status code: 'Unauthorized', Timestamp: '07/23/2016 01:15:10 +00:00', ErrorCode: '', Detail: ''
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.ExternalClient.PowerBIDataMovementClientExtensions.<EnsureSuccessfulDMMSRequest>d__0.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.ExternalClient.PowerBIDataMovementClientExtensions.<DiscoverUnifiedGatewaysAsync>d__22.MoveNext()

My account should be authorized for enterprise.

Server = Windows 2008 R2.

6 REPLIES 6
MRPBI

Hi All,

My first post on the community...thank you in advanced for your assistance and knowledge.

I have installed the Power BI Gateway on a machine and am attempting to sign in. When I select Sign In I am presented with a username and password screen from microsoft. I am not asked to choose the type of account (i belive this is normal)

When I enter my credentials I am given the error below.

"

Network request returned unexpected error.
Request error: Id: 'baa65f96-c16e-461f-a69c-d1f7847ec9d4', Status code: 'Unauthorized', Timestamp: '11/29/2016 13:36:57 +00:00', ErrorCode: '', Detail: ''
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.EnterpriseGatewayConfigurator.ConfiguratorClientExtensions.<GetClusterUri>d__0.MoveNext()

"

I would greatly apprciate your assistance to get this gateway configured.

Background:

We have never installed PowerBI GW on this machine

2 of our users have a Pro Subscription (including me)

Our organisation that does not use any O365 product or Exchange for its Mail Exchange

Many thanks

MRPBI

I'm getting a similar result, but with a NullReferenceException.

I managed to get around this by uninstalling the PBI GW, restarting and re-installing.

Its the same version i installed and i never received any errors on the first install.

If i figure out the RC i will post back!

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pxsam,

In addition, please check if you have installed old On-Premises gateway on this server before. If that is a case, please uninstall it completely and reinstall the latest On-Premises gateway.

Also please check below log files around the time that the error throws out to find the detail error message:

Installer logs: %localappdata%\Temp\On-premises_data_gateway_*.log

Configuration logs: %localappdata%\Microsoft\on-premises data gateway\GatewayConfigurator*.log

On-premises data gateway service logs: C:\Users\PBIEgwService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\on-premises data gateway\Gateway*.log

Please post the detail error log for our analysis if possible. Also you can use Fiddler to monitor to monitor HTTP traffic between Power BI Service and client machine when you register the gateway.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@pxsam I had read somewhere on gateway registration error and possible solution was to signout first from power bi desktop, then install gateway and then sign in power bi desktop with same account you had used for gateway. Not entirely sure if this will fix it but you can try it out. Basically make sure account used in pbi desktop to publish and gateway is same.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ankitpatira,

I am facing same problem, I have tried loging out  from my power bi desktop, but still its not working.  I have priviously done On-premise gateway installations on my laptop it worked. But when I am installing on my on-premise server I am getting following error

Network request returned unexpected error.
Request error: Id: 'df658465-7fc0-4a9b-90f2-a39d920588d7', Status code: 'BadRequest', Timestamp: '07/20/2017 08:13:22 +00:00', ErrorCode: '', Detail: ''
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.GatewayCommon.ConfiguratorClientExtensions.<DiscoverEmailProperties>d__7.MoveNext()

Guys please advice as it is urgent

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors