Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gopowerbi
Frequent Visitor

refreshing data partially

Hello everybody,

Example: I have a database/file which contains 800.000 rows and I imported it in Power BI last week. This week the database/file contains 900.000 rows.

My question: can I import only the 100.000 new rows or do I have to import the whole database/file again?

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@gopowerbi in power bi service refresh is full refresh from data source ie if you do refresh now you will get full 900,000 rows. Unfortunately you can't partial refresh atm. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@gopowerbi in power bi service refresh is full refresh from data source ie if you do refresh now you will get full 900,000 rows. Unfortunately you can't partial refresh atm. 

Well let's hope that in the future this option will be included because it would help a lot if somebody is dealing with a large amount of data.. Thank you for your answer

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors