Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

"We couldn't retrieve the data model for this report" - (Admin user of SSAS)

Hi everyone,

I have a Power BI model built on direct query with Analysis Service (SSAS). When I'm trying to connect with a particulary user (it is also admin of SSAS), I get this message:

"No se puede cargar el esquema de modelo asociado a este informe. Asegúrese de disponer de conexión al servidor e inténtelo de nuevo. Vuelva a intentarlo más tarde o póngase en contacto con el soporte técnico. Proporcione estos detalles si se pone en contacto con ellos."

Identificador de actividad 29768790-60d1-45f2-944b-6de8ca1e5103

Identificador de la solicitud 1669ccc1-ab9a-ac86-e46e-dda713a82b25

I'm using "Gateway On-premises" to connect to the dataset and I already tried, learning from this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eATPS-c7YRU), to replace the "admin" UPN with the UPN of "another user" (that has no problems seeing data) and I got the same error.

On the other side, if I replace the "another user" UPN with the "admin" UPN, I can see data with no problems.

It is like if the "admin" UPN and the user that make the request to SSAS are not the same, so the reeplacement is not working.

I got UPNs from the DAX functions USERNAME and USERPRINCIPALNAME (in my case, they are the same).

Thanks all,

Lorenzo.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn´t find the solution but the problem solved itself on the weekend. 

The user is and was admin of the SSAS and has the access to it.

Maybe it wasn't a UPN problem but another attribute that the Gateway needs to recognize the user to make a query to SSAS.

Bests.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

I don't know why you need to two rules for Admin and Users in Map User Names since this feature is only used for mapping Power BI login account into local domain.

I can reproduce this issue only when I replace incoming user name with another user who has no access on SSAS server.

9.PNG

So please test your rule to see which is returned and then monitor the error message in SQL Profiler.

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn´t find the solution but the problem solved itself on the weekend. 

The user is and was admin of the SSAS and has the access to it.

Maybe it wasn't a UPN problem but another attribute that the Gateway needs to recognize the user to make a query to SSAS.

Bests.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors