Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yellow_days
Helper I
Helper I

publish dashboard on own website

Hi,
I have a question regarding publishing on the web. I would like to create a dashboard that I publish on a website (should be accessible to everyone). My data is on an external cloud. Which account do I need for this? I get mixed up with the functionality between Pro and Premium/Embed. I currently have a free Power BI license and can upload my dashboard to the Sharepoint account, but I would like to upload it to a website. Is this possible with Pro?

Furthermore, I would like to create an application for it (for different customers). For this I need the premium version, right?

best regards

1 REPLY 1
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @yellow_days,

1. If the data can be reached by anyone (the whole Internet), you can try the function "Publish to web" with a free account. Reference: power-bi/service-publish-to-web.

2. If you want to embed the Power BI contents, Pro or Premium is needed, which depends on your embedded type. Please refer to power-bi/developer/embedding

1) Embedding for your organization: users have their own account.

2) Embedding for your customers: customers don't need a account.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors