Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

directline
Regular Visitor

powwrbi can not connect (login) to sharepoint

Hi

I instaled on-premises data gateway and confige powebi and workcorrectly until last day. I restart my sharepoint and gateway server and now powebi can not connect to my sharepoint, the error is:

Unable to connect: We encountered an error while trying to connect to http://****/. Details: "Invalid connection credentials."Show details

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this SharePoint Online?  Our company has both SharePoint Online and an SharePoint 2013 On Premise.  I'm able to connect to the on-premise one without hassles but i get the same error trying to get connected to SharePoint Online.  I'm presently leaving it with our internal SharePoint team incase its a setting we have turned off or on thats blocking this.  I'd be curious if there is another reason.

We use sharepoint 2013, I checked excel but my excel can not connect to sharepoint. I use windows authenticate (domain\useraname) for connecting. I didn't have any peroblem until last week.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Might be worth checking with your SharePoint team.  I set a 2013 one up this afternoon and it worked flawlessly.

Double check things like permissions.  What credentials is your Power BI authenticating with and does that folder/file still have access granted for that.  Remember to check your On Premise data gateway too, as it could have different credentials loaded into it.

Could be something as silly as someone doing a clean up of privileges and thinking the one you use wasn't needed anymore.

We chacked configuration but dont find any problem.

I chenge "data source file" to web and it connect to sharepoint, but the new problem is "Use a data getway" and "scheduled refresh" are off.

image.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

This indicates to me that at least one 'data source' in your Power BI project cannot be found in your list of data sources in your gateway.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors