Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

samdthompson
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

powerpoint export

Hi, am unable to export dashboard to powerpoint. I wait for a while and then i get this error:

We couldn't export your report to a PowerPoint file
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity IDe5d4ae09-3e2b-4802-97c4-6fc76135b07d
Request ID70e3395d-c21d-e04c-9797-3e1fe43072e9
Correlation ID6156b8b4-0426-d527-0289-5898c55dd455
Status code500
TimeFri Mar 17 2017 16:03:16 GMT+1300 (New Zealand Daylight Time)
Version13.0.1700.1355

This seems to be an issue in the past but was supposed to have been rectified. Any ideas?

The file size is around 15mb and the report ha 2 pages.
// if this is a solution please mark as such. Kudos always appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yesterday not working, now it is. nothing has changed so i assume that there was some bug at the regional server end. All a bit frustrating but at least it now works.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @samdthompson,

As I tested, I can export the report to Powerpoint successfully. Please try the following three solutions and check if it works fine.

1. Create a new report in Power BI desktop using the sample data and publish it to Power BI service, and click "Export to Power Point".

2. Republish your .pbix file to Power BI service and Export to Power Point.

3. Click your report->Edit Report->Save your report, then Export to Power Point.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi, Thanks for the ideas @v-huizhn-msft. No luck on my end though. I can do it on other reports. What could be a problem on an individual file?

No third party vis, 15.7mb, 21 tables, 67 measures with no errors,

Hi @samdthompson,

You remove it in Power Bi service and unload it again, it still return the error message? It's weird, you can do it on other reports, do you have any other operations?

Best Regards,
Angelia

I have now tried making a new file with a cut down version of just one table holding 300 rows of data and 9 col wide and made a 2 row table as a test visual. Published it and found I cant export anything other than a blank page. Other reports I have work but not the origional one or the new version of it. Its a very simple select statement, returning a small data set. Is there some setting i am missing to enable exporting on an individual report level? It must be something like that as other reports I have made work fine. I am completely lost as to what to do.

Yesterday not working, now it is. nothing has changed so i assume that there was some bug at the regional server end. All a bit frustrating but at least it now works.

Within my model I had a many to many relationship with bridging table. Out of no other process other than 'cant hurt' I took it out. Wierdly that allow me to export the 10 pages of reports but thet are all blank. All other reports seem to work and export the tile images, this one is just corrupt in some way. I am unwilling to re build as there are a whole bunch of measures I have written that took a whole bunch of time.  Next step is to try an earlier version and see if the problem have been there from the beginning.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors