Accepted Solution

Hi guys, 

We have implemented Power BI enterprise gateway on our servers to enable on-prem data access in Power BI Cloud. However, I am getting the error message about my personal data gateway being offline (below). Not sure why am I getting this error when I try to do a manual refresh or set a scheduled refresh for one of my data sets. I have not installed the personal gateway on my computer, so not sure what has gone wrong all of a sudden here. 

I am getting a 'good to go' or success message if I test the gateway connection from Settings > Gateway in the cloud. What could go wrong in this case? 

PBI-Gateway-Test-Success.pngPBI_-_Gateway_-_Refresh_Error.png

Thanks

Kaz

Accepted Solutions

Hi @krajani,

As you can see on that link, this issue is reported to Power BI Team: CRI 27641863.

I’ll post here once if there is any update.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super Contributor

@krajani Do you have all data sources used in the published PBIX set up in the OPD Gateway? 

[ Edited ]

@Eno1978

I tried establishing those data sources in the enterprise gateway, and I am getting a duplicate data source error, even though they are brand new data sources. I have a feeling that I am running into an earlier problem as described in this post. Presuming its a bug in the PBI Service, this leaves us with little options to work our way through.

Update: I came across this post where the above problem I am facing (the link) has been acknowledged as a bug. 

Thanks

Kaz

Hi @krajani,

As you can see on that link, this issue is reported to Power BI Team: CRI 27641863.

I’ll post here once if there is any update.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

@v-caliao-msft Thanks Charlie.

Thanks

Kaz

Frequent Visitor

Hi there. Is there an update on this issue? 

I have an on-premise gateway running.  Once data source is working just fine the other keeps saying that the gateway is offline. Thank heavens its the test data source that is off line.  I have not been able to put in online.  I believe I have the most up to date gateway software but how to determine that?  Can someone help on the gateway version and the offline data source???

Hi @v-caliao-msft

Is there any update on this one? Perhaps a workaround? 

Thanks

Kaz

Visitor

[ Edited ]

Any update?? Seems like a pretty critical issue if we can only refresh our data sources manually.

Frequent Visitor

Why is this marked "Solved".  Saying that the issue has been filed as a bug doesn't seem like much of a solution to me.

Regular Visitor

One month later, and ditto, I get the same issue.

This item should NOT be listed as SOLVED.

Gosh, I hope this forum is not going the way of Microsoft Connect for SQL Server. THAT would be a crying shame.