Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vjnvinod
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

power BI service

Hi,

does end user needs to have Power BI pro licence to view the dashboard?

if i publish dashboard from power BI desktop to power BI service and then share that dashboard to pepole in my org(just to view the dashboard)

do they need to have liceneses?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@vjnvinod The license is tied to your O365 subscription for that license. Your admin would know. You can use embed to SharePoint if you use the latest SharePoint online, there are other embed options. (Do NOT use Publish to Web) - this is not secure no matter where you put it. You can also share directly with other people via the Dashboard, report or workspace level (via an App).

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@vjnvinod The short answer is yes. Everyone needs a license or be covered by a license. The breakdown looks like this:

Pro license - every user needs one

Premium license (Enterprise level) - Only report authors need Pro, all others are free (Usage will dictate level of Premium license.

Embedded license - you can embed power bi report in applications (Usage based license, only Pro for authors)

Power BI Report Server - On premises solution that only requires authors to have Pro.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@
How do I check my access level?

@vjnvinod In the Service, click the settings wheel in the upper right of the ribbon. Click on "Manage Personel Storage" and you will see your license level after your name.

@Seth_C_Bauer

It showing me as pro user

is there a way to check the time frame i can use this acess? i mean validity period of this acess.

i have few dashboards created, is it possible for me to embed this into organizational sharepoint?

what are the different way i can use to share my dashboard securely.

ProUser.PNG

@vjnvinod The license is tied to your O365 subscription for that license. Your admin would know. You can use embed to SharePoint if you use the latest SharePoint online, there are other embed options. (Do NOT use Publish to Web) - this is not secure no matter where you put it. You can also share directly with other people via the Dashboard, report or workspace level (via an App).

@Seth_C_Bauer

thanks Seth, appreciate your feedback.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors