Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

adgo2766

pin live page - open tile catalog

I'm having difficulties with vieiwing/selecting a live page from the open tile catalog in D365. I pin the report as a live page to my dashboard, but when I then go to select that live tile from the front end the catalog is empty. I do not have issues with other tiles/dashboards, only when a report is pinned live. Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
adgo2766

I'm having difficulties with vieiwing/selecting a live page from the open tile catalog in D365. I pin the report as a live page to my dashboard, but when I then go to select that live tile from the front end the catalog is empty. I do not have issues with other tiles/dashboards, only when a report is pinned live. Any ideas?

@adgo2766 I wonder if the Pin Live Page is having issues across the PBI Platform. I just read this thread where there is a known issue outlined by a MSFT response... Might be related to that.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Certainly looks like you could be correct on this one, thanks for the link!

Hi @adgo2766@Seth_C_Bauer,

The issue mentioned in this thread is about Power BI service Live connection, not Pin Live Page feature.

I pin the report as a live page to my dashboard, but when I then go to select that live tile from the front end the catalog is empty. I do not have issues with other tiles/dashboards, only when a report is pinned live.

I'm not sure I understand the issue. Could you be more precisely with it by posting some screenshots? Smiley Happy

Regards

As you can see in the screenshtos, I have a live tile added to a dashboard called 'Capacity Live'. When I go to add that tile to my 365 environment the option to select the live tile from 'Capacity' is missing. I took a screenshot of what a non-live tile looks like for reference wehn selecting to display it in 365.

PoewrBI.JPGpowerBI2.JPGpowerbi3.JPG

Hi @adgo2766,

Based on my research, it seems that you're using the Pin Power BI reports to workspaces feature within Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations. And it seems to be that there is a limitation for this feature that the Live Tile cannot be pinned.

As it is a feature on Microsoft Dynamics 365, I would suggest you post it on the Dynamics Community to confirm if it is a known limitation for this feature currently. Smiley Happy

Regards

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @adgo2766,

Does this 'open tile catalog' means the audit log or usage matrix? Can you share some detail contents about this?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

As you can see in the screenshtos, I have a live tile added to a dashboard called 'Capacity Live'. When I go to add that tile to my 365 environment the option to select the live tile from 'Capacity' is missing. I took a screenshot of what a non-live tile looks like for reference wehn selecting to display it in 365.

PoewrBI.JPGpowerBI2.JPGpowerbi3.JPG 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors