Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hxkresl
Helper V
Helper V

on premises gateway offline

Yesterday I installed to my personal laptop (I am on it and it is on line)  an On Premises Enterprise Gateway.  I was able to publish to the service my 'AllActiveResolved SQL' report, and connect it to the gateway, and refresh.  that was great

Today, I published a replica of the first report (AllActiveResolved DQ), and was going to connect it up to same On Premises Enterprise Gateway, but found gateway is offline.

Both reports use same SQL Server data source, only difference is the 'DQ' one is using Direct Query and 'SQL' one is importing data each time refreshed.  I am doing this in order to check user experience between two.

I am stuck with issue of Gateway offline and the error message does not give me clear direction.   

Capture2.PNG

(the gateway is sourcing from SQL (even though I call it dynamics.crm))

Tried updating gateway and get this error:

Capture5.PNG

I would like to attach error log sent, but do not see option.

Pls walk me through to ->ONLINE.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
hxkresl
Helper V
Helper V

I resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling gateway.  This is heavy handed and in future would like a discerning approach.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
hxkresl
Helper V
Helper V

I resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling gateway.  This is heavy handed and in future would like a discerning approach.  

Is this a final solution or you need to reinstall it everyday?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors