Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bamak
Helper V
Helper V

manage many user for sharing workspace , dashboars and business gateway acces

Hi

• I would now  please,  if it 's possible please to manage  groups of   PowerBI @adresses users  a level above  than in Workspaces , dashboadrs or business gateway users access ?
  • In fact,  we have plenty of  users related to groups of different business entity  or present in 2 groups of entities  at a time 
  • I was wondering if it was possible to manage these groups in the management portal ... and there rights  (Power BI premium version) ?

Thank's a lot  & regards   .. "et vive PowerBI "  

Christophe 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Bamak,

Mail-enabled universal security groups (also called security groups) can be used to distribute messages as well as to grant access permissions to resources in Active Directory. For more information, see Manage mail-enabled security groups.

You can add such groups when publish apps with dashboards and reports, or add them to a gateway on Power BI Service. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Bamak,

For sharing workspace, today you can add only individuals to the members and admin lists. Soon you'll be able to add multiple AD security groups or modern groups to these lists to allow for easier management.

For sharing dashboards/reports, with apps, you can publish a read-only version of your app workspace to large audiences, including security groups. You can stage your changes to the dashboards and reports in the app without affecting end users.

For sharing gateway, you can add email groups (aliases) to allow groups of people access, as well as individuals. Remember that you need to add users to each data source to which you want to grant access. Each data source has a separate list of users, and you must add users to each data source separately. Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi v-ljerr-msft and thank's a lot for the great answers

Ok I understand , currently , for Workspaces & share action we can only manage users (not AD groups for the moment)

But , may I ask 2 complementary questions please ?
How can we please , add  for sharing :  security groups to dashboards and email groups (aliases) to business gateway users  ? 

Sorry , but I dont see   how to mange ( and what is )    security group & email groups (aliases) ?  

Is it a "kind" of url who is pointing towards to workspace name  that we can use into the input box Inter email @ ?

• Do we need to manage this  functionnality security into PowerBI Adiminstration portal (premium) ?
    Or into Office 365

Thank's a lot and regards

Christophe 

Hi @Bamak,

Mail-enabled universal security groups (also called security groups) can be used to distribute messages as well as to grant access permissions to resources in Active Directory. For more information, see Manage mail-enabled security groups.

You can add such groups when publish apps with dashboards and reports, or add them to a gateway on Power BI Service. Smiley Happy

Regards

Thank' s a lot v ljert

A found a geat article about how to mange security groups

Power BI provides an admin portal that allows you to view usage statistics, provides a link to the Office 365 admin center to manage users and groups, and the ability to control tenant wide settings

Hi @Bamak,

Great to help! Could you accept helpful replies as solution to close this thread? Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi v-ljerr-msft @

I found a very usefull tutorial regarding AAD security Groups

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/charles_sterling/2017/07/17/sharing-power-bi-apps-with-aad-security...

But I was very surprised, by having direct access to the Azure directory administration of my organization and to see my power BI app present in the groups

) Maybe , it's automatic when we create a new PBI app 

Thank you very much and regards

Christophe 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors