Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Knud
Frequent Visitor

install apps automatically

When  I publish an app from an app workspace on the Access tab I don't have the possibilty to "Install app automatically" for the recipients.

If I look at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-create-distribute-apps#publish-your-app it should be possible:

App access

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Knud,

Based on test, I found only internal account(MSIT) have this option.

When i test on other tenant accounts, I can't find this option even if they have admin/owner permissions of current app workspace.

In my opinion, I think this feature may not been released.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Knud,

Based on test, I found only internal account(MSIT) have this option.

When i test on other tenant accounts, I can't find this option even if they have admin/owner permissions of current app workspace.

In my opinion, I think this feature may not been released.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Knud and @v-shex-msft,

I'm not sure if I am facing the exact same problem, because what I can find in the documentation is the following:

How to install an app automatically for end users

Once the admin has enabled the feature, the app publishers have a new option available to install the app automatically. 

This makes sense, as I can see the feature, but it is greyed out. But we can not find out where the admin should enable this. Do you have any clue/did you find a solution yet?

Capture.PNG

This functionality is now general available.

Indeed it is a tenant setting:

Push Apps - Tenant Settings

For more information https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/automatically-install-apps/

Thanks so much @Knud, this was exactly where I was looking for! I am able to publish automatically. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors