Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Kostya

incorrect export data to Excel

Hi everybody!

In web PowerBI I do the export of dashboard data into Excel tab. I choose "Base data" (the most detalized level of data). But all of a sudden I get incorrect data in Excel. The total sum of measurement in Excel is not equal to the total sum on dashboard. I've found out that all negative numbers are not presented in Excel sheet. Are there any solution to this bug?

4 REPLIES 4
Kostya

Hi @v-jiascu-msft!

Thank you for your help. I did not know about 150K limitation on rows count. In my case this caused a trouble because when I had made a direct SQL query I got 207K rows. Do you know if this limitation is unchangeable or are there any way to increase this 150K parameter in settings?

Hi @Kostya,

I'm afraid the limitation is fixed by now. There is a workaround. You can filter the visual into two parts in your scenario. Then export the data one by one. Finally you can append them as new whole workbook. 

Please vote this idea, maybe we can have it in the new future.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Kostya,

I can't reproduce your issue.

1. If you export data from a dashboard, there are no options. The summarized data will be exported. The data will be filtered if you apply a filter.

2. Perhaps you exported data from a visualization. You can choose "Summarized data" or "Underlying data".

Please check the following things:

1) If there are any filters.

2) If they are summarized data.

3) If the records exceed the limits. 30000 rows for .csv and 150000 for .xlsx file.

4) And more limitations, please refer to: limitations-and-considerations.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors