Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

how to publish a report made with directquery

hello guys can you help me please? "-" 

how to publish a report made with directquery and when to refresh your browser it shows the last update??

ty

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @Anonymous,

Please take a look at below link to know more about power bi data refresh.

Data refresh in Power BI

If your dataset is configured for a live or DirectQuery connection, datasets are refreshed approximately each hour or when interaction with the data occurs. You can manually adjust the refresh frequency in the Scheduled cache refresh option in the Power BI service.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous

If you want to publish a report with DirectQuery, you will have to have the On-Premise Data Gateway installed.

You would then need to configure the On-Premise Data Gateway with the DirectQuery Data Source.

Once the above is done, you can then upload your Power BI Report. Once it has been uploaded it should notify you that it is connected to the Gateway.

In terms of refreshing it will automatically refresh everytime you click on a Visual.

You can configure the refresh cycle for the Dashboard Items.

Here are some links:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-directquery-about

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-use-directquery

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

gateway configuration is OK
power BI + sql is OK

in my power bi service it's okay

I put it to refresh in 15 min.

In my power service worked, however when I published the link and accessed from another computer I refresh the page every 10 minutes and it has already passed 1 hour and still has not got the latest updates

HI @Anonymous,

Please take a look at below link to know more about power bi data refresh.

Data refresh in Power BI

If your dataset is configured for a live or DirectQuery connection, datasets are refreshed approximately each hour or when interaction with the data occurs. You can manually adjust the refresh frequency in the Scheduled cache refresh option in the Power BI service.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@Anonymous,

What is your Size of the datasource your using.

If you direct query we have a limitation 1M Records we can only fetch using direct query.

Regards,

Bajee.

Anonymous
Not applicable

100 rows maybe 100kb I think ^^

I need to force the refresh I try to public my Dash look:

Refresh 15 min

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYTNjYmZlZDUtNDEzNi00ZTU5LWJiZDUtZTE1ZjE3MDY2NGJhIiwidCI6ImVhZ...

Ty

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors