Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

livioq
Regular Visitor

failed to refresh file loads empty

I'm got a dashboard with numerous graphics created by questions that relate to a csv file that I upload weekly.

Today I tried refreshing the csv file but it gives me a warning saying that the "last refresh failed" and the details 

Hide
On demand2/27/2017, 11:48:39 AM2/27/2017, 11:48:45 AMFailed 
Cluster URI:WABI-EUROPE-NORTH-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:a00c9fc7-c536-f5d4-2712-ad6efc9fb291
Request ID:da176437-257f-8c0d-5788-857ee9b2c75d
Time:2017-02-27 10:48:45Z

The graphics now don't work as the file that has been loaded is blank.  I've opened the csv separately and it is not empty.  I can't work out why the file isn't loading.  It is a lot smaller than the 1gb limit.

4 REPLIES 4
livioq
Regular Visitor

I thought there might be a problem with the csv itself.  I tried loading it as a new dataset with a new name and got the following message

We couldn't import data from CSV file

Make sure you're entering the information correctly.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity IDa00c9fc7-c536-f5d4-2712-ad6efc9fb291
Request ID54906758-2eed-fd9c-2ad3-ed34d97314b7
Correlation ID0bd3c528-dcb0-da5f-e323-5ec7732da9e9
Status code400
TimeMon Feb 27 2017 19:09:02 GMT+0100 (CET)
Version13.0.1700.1256

But then I opened it in excel and saved it as a csv again with a different name and managed to load it so that isn't the problem.

When I changed the name back to the original file's name it still won't load.  I could delete the original dataset and load it again but then the graphics won't work will they?

@livioq Sounds like something might be going on with the Service... but that is just speculation. If I were in your shoes, I'd do this. It sounds like you built everything in the Service. I would start by using the Power BI Desktop. Load the CSV there, recreate your visuals and redeploy the report/solution. If things were to go haywire again, you could always change the datasource, or PBIX file and have more options to re-deploy/resolve with the PBIX as part of the solution.

Either way, it's going to depend on how long it would take to re-create. Your other option is to create an issue here and see if they can find some reason internally that this broke. (which could be the case if they just released something new to the Service)

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@livioq If you go to Settings -> Datasets and select the dataset, are there any issues with the gateway or data source credentials?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer I had a look but it just says "Refresh can't be scheduled because the data set doesn't contain any data model connections, or is a worksheet or linked table. To schedule refresh, the data must be loaded into the data model."

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors