Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

derekcrompton
Frequent Visitor

enterprise gateway refresh error

The data refreshes fine using desktop and publishes with no problem. Getting the error below when refreshing from the cloud. I see the SQL commands are hitting my db. So how to I troubleshoot this further?

Something went wrong.

The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Cluster URIWABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID06688225-125b-4ca3-a09f-016fb29a16ec
Request IDf7a249d1-7848-2d83-6111-58c540726468
Time2017-02-01 07:02:00Z

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The Gateway status is fine. I resolved this by deleting the report and dataset, and republishing both.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
nzweifel
Regular Visitor

I found a bug with the Enterprise Gateway.

• I built a dashboard on my destop using 2 data sources and manipulated my data using "Merge Queries."
  • The two data sources are both established on the Enterprise Gateway
  • On my desktop I was able to refresh all data sources and had a viable and working dashboard
  • When I published the dashboard to powerbi.com and set it up on the enterprise gateway it would not refresh.  the error I got is noted in my original post.
  • As an experiment I created 2 test queries using the same data sets. One using "Merge Queries" and one using "Merge Queries as New." Both tests were able to refresh on the desktop but not using the enterprise gateway.
  • So I decided to do a 3rd test by simply creating a one-to-many relationship between the two data sets and this worked fine using the enterprise gateway.

I am assuming this is a bug.  Has anyone else experienced this phenonmenon when using "Merge Queries" or "Merge Queries as New?"  I should be able to use all the querying tools on the desktop version and as long as my data sources are set up on the enterprise gateway my dashboard should be able to publish and refresh through that gateway using all the functionality I use on my desktop.

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

I have been dealing with this issue for several months now. I have been working with Microsoft on this issue and we still do not have a solution. One thing I have noticed, however, is that the data is actually refreshing regardless of the error message it is giving.

I cannot delete my datamodel as I have too many critical reports tied to it. Republishing does not solve the issue. Since the data is refreshing, however, I just continue to use it while building out its replacement.

As a matter of fact, I have a call with  Microsoft at 1 today.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@derekcrompton

Could you please go to Power BI Service – Manage gateways to check the status of your on-premises gateway?

Best Regards,

Herbert

The Gateway status is fine. I resolved this by deleting the report and dataset, and republishing both.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors