Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jagostinhoCT
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

data refresh disabled

Hello,

Woke up this morning with data refresh disabled.

Some of the the Dataset's Data Source Credentials failed to sign in.

For some of the disabled ones, I could just choose oAuth2 and sign it using my credentials. For some others, I could not. It would yield and error if trying to use my oAuth2 credentials.

For these later ones, I needed to leave the Data Source Credentials list - by clicking on the top left, say, "Dashboard", and then ckicking back on "Datasets". I could then use the oAuth2 credentials and restore the link.

It fixed it. But, does this make sense to you?

3 REPLIES 3
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi jagostinhoCT,

Could you please share more details about your Gateway Settings, and the Data Sources?

For personal gateway, there is a known issue about invalid credentials, Error messages would look like this:
"Error: The credentials provided for the dataset are invalid. Please update the credentials through a refresh or in the Data Source Settings dialog to continue."
One possible reason is the credentials need to be updated;

Another one is related with Mashups between a cloud source and an on-premises source.
See details below:
"Mashups between a cloud source and an on-premises source, in a single query, will fail to refresh in the personal gateway if one of the sources is using OAuth for authentication. An example of this is a mashup between CRM Online and a local SQL Server. This will fail because CRM Online requires OAuth.
This is a known issue, and being looked at.

To work around the problem, have a separate query for the cloud source and the on-premises source and use a merge or append query to combine them."

Reference:  https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-admin-troubleshooting-power-bi-personal-ga...

Hope this information would be helpful.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

@v-caliao-msft

Important executive customers are experiencing the same problem and any additional information would be helpful.

Specific details are needed regarding the apparent bug: "For personal gateway, there is a known issue about invalid credentials".

For this known issue please provide:

1. Full description of the problem.
  2. More precise and clearly worded description of the work around provided above.
  3. The status of the bug. Has the bug been assigned a planned fix date yet?

Thank you.

Tag: PBIMSFTResponseQuality, NoFollowup

Thanks @v-caliao-msft.

My issue is related to your first suggestion - personal gateway. I needed to update the credentials. Even though they have not changed since.

The link you sent is a 404 type.

Would it point to this one?

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-admin-troubleshooting-power-bi-personal-ga...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors