Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ericleigh007
Helper II
Helper II

column contents that are okay on the desktop disappear on the service

I have found another problem with the service.  The first one was the use of DATESINPERIOD where more than about 400 records were present.  

This one is about a column whose contents are strings that work fine on the desktop.  They turn to blanks on the service.:

The blank fields are used by a Slicer I have that lets one select the Manager for a particular project.  The field is found in a record which is expanded by an M language query during load.

On the desktop, after complex maneuvering of data, i end up with 138 records of financial data from the current month.  I have a slicer that uses the field Project_x0020_Manager to filter data.  Project_x0020_Manager does contain data.

If I publish to the service, the Project_x0020_Manager column has blanks in it.  The slider therefore only has "[blank]" as a choice.

On the service, to verify the problem is not with the visualization, I temporarily add a visual filter.  When I select the filter, the 138 instances of "blank" are reported.

To bring the problem full-circle, I then download the pbix from the service.  When I load it on the desktop version, the column is indeed blank as it online.

For a final check, using the same downloaded file, I refresh all the data from the sources.

Once that is done, the data for that column reappears

The data in the column is sourced from a sharepoint list, but the column itself is expanded from a sharepoint record, thus:

#"Expanded FieldValuesAsText" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Changed Type2", "FieldValuesAsText", {"Project_x0020_Manager", "Author", "Editor"}, {"Project_x0020_Manager", "Author.1", "Editor.1"}),

Due to the sensitivty of the data, I can only share the file securely with you if you're a Microsoft employee.

-thanks

-e

4 REPLIES 4
ericleigh007
Helper II
Helper II

Guys, this one has been out there since 5/23 with no action that I've seen.

Hvae you duplicaterd the problem?  Any idea of an ETA?

-THANKS

-E

v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@ericleigh007,

For better understanding your data model and Power BI reports, could you please provide us some sample data and screenshots about the issue? So that we can try to reproduce this issue and make further analysis.

Regards,

Charlie liao

HI Charlie,

Sent you a PM.  Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide in order to speed this problem report to a conclusion.

Monday: Please confirm you have received the info, and let me know if you need anything else.

-thanks

-e

This appears to be fixed in the June update.  

Thanks

-e

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors