Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hoonybro90
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

bPower BI Embedded Peak Hours

Hello,

Would anyone be kind enough to clarify the statement "peak hours" in the Power BI embedded render limits?

When is this peak? Are the hours static? If not how are the peak hours calculated?

None of the white papers explain what peak hours are and I couldn't find anywhere else about information on peak hours.

Our solution has recently been getting notifications saying the the service is being throttled and it is really difficult to figure out what exactly is happening with minimum information out there.

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there from my understanding is that firstly the Render Limits apply for any hour of the day.

Second when you do hit a Render Limit, it will not stop reports from rendering, but it will rather put the reports in a queue and service them in the queue that they are in.

I am not sure exactly how to know when it is happening or how many renders are going over the limit.

The only thing I could suggest is to look at using Power BI in Azure which is the A SKU, so that you could potentially scale up the instance when it is very busy and then scale down when it is not as busy.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi, do you have any updates about this? I have the same questions but no answers.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors