Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

arneman
Regular Visitor

azure consumption

I'm trying to get an insight into my Azure consumptions using the Azure consumption pack. However it keeps referring me to the url below, which I believe is for EA customers. Is there no other option to measure this?

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-content-pack-azure-enterprise/ 

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @arneman

From my understanding the Azure Consumption Content Pack is only for Enterprise Agreement Customers. So if you do not have an Enterprise Agreement for Azure you will not be able to use this content pack.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ

If I search for Azure in the services I find 2 options:

• Microsoft Azure Enterprise
    • When trying to use this I'm indeed asked to retrieve data from ea.azure.com
  • Microsoft Azure Consumption Insights
    • During setup I only need to enter my companies enrollment number and the number of months for which I want to retrieve data
    • After this it's asking me for a verification method (where I can only select key) and an account key.
    • Problem is, I can't seem to find this account key since I don't fully understand what is meant by it.

Anybody else here that has experience with measuring Azure Consumption through PowerBI?

I was able to setup an Azure consumption Dashboard based on everything that can be found here: 

https://github.com/Microsoft/AzureUsageAndBillingPortal

This is for a non-csp and non-enterprise agreement Azure subscription.

It updates daily, puts data in an AzureSQL server so there is a small cost involved (but you can off course deploy it on a trial just to see how it works).

Took me some time to set it up, but eventually it works. It's worthwile to look at the video tutorial and follow along with it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors