Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

TravisKale
Helper I
Helper I

allow users to create template organizational content packs

This setting exists in the Admin portal under tenant settings.   "allow users to create template organizational content packs",  what does it mean?  Where is the documentation, I can't find anything about templates in the content pack docs. 

The only thing that comes close is solution templates.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

@TravisKale

This setting exists in the Admin portal under tenant settings.   "allow users to create template organizational content packs",  what does it mean?  Where is the documentation, I can't find anything about templates in the content pack docs. 

A template content pack is similar to existing solutions except that it does not include the actual data in the dataset. Instead, when a user consumes or instantiates a template, they are prompted for parameters and credentials in order to connect. Once connected, they'll see their own data in the dashboard, report and datasets.

To enable template creation for your tenant, please work with your Power BI admin to enable the feature switch below.

featureswitch.png

Once enabled, you'll see a checkbox at the bottom of "Create content pack", allowing you to publish a template content pack to your organization.

checkbox.png

Note: The Content Pack Certification Program is currently in preview and requires initial approval through the Microsoft Azure Certified program to access. If you're interested, please submit a nomination.

Reference:

Content Pack Certification Program Overview

Template Content Pack Testing

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

@TravisKale

A template content pack is similar to existing solutions except that it does not include the actual data in the dataset. Instead, when a user consumes or instantiates a template, they are prompted for parameters and credentials in order to connect. Once connected, they'll see their own data in the dashboard, report and datasets.

To enable template creation for your tenant, please work with your Power BI admin to enable the feature switch below.

featureswitch.png

Once enabled, you'll see a checkbox at the bottom of "Create content pack", allowing you to publish a template content pack to your organization.

checkbox.png

Note: The Content Pack Certification Program is currently in preview and requires initial approval through the Microsoft Azure Certified program to access. If you're interested, please submit a nomination.

Reference:

Content Pack Certification Program Overview

Template Content Pack Testing

Regards

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-organizational-content-packs-intro...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

smoupre, that doc says nothing about templates.  I could also point to this doc, which is a doc about the page the setting is on, it has no mention of the setting.

Is it a setting apart from the "publish content pack to the entire organization"? Or could it be a change/fault in the description of this setting?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors