Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cathryn
Helper III
Helper III

allow user to filter and save reports

Hi All -

I've looked for a solution to this since I'm sure others want to do this but I'm not having any luck for one that works.

I have a Main KPI report that has filters for each region.  The main KPI has all the data across the company.  

I have a manager that wants to have a copy of the report with saved filters pertinent to his region such as the UK so he doesn't have to go in and filter down every time he wants to use it.  Plus, I want it using the same dataset that the main one is using in case we have any updates to it.

I've tried saving a copy of the pbix file with the proper filters and uploading with a different file name but it uploads another copy of the dataset as well.

I've read where you can connect to the dataset in PowerBI Desktop by using the Power BI Service connection but you have to recreate the metric in the new file.   You can't just copy the graph and paste it.  that would be great if you could.

I've created a content pack which I've found you can only access from the 'My Workspace' so if he wanted to download everything in a content pack into a group workspace, he can't.  And, I don't see where you can allow anyone to edit a report once they've downloaded the content pack into their workspace.  

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?  I must be missing something

Thanks

Cathryn

2 REPLIES 2
tringuyenminh92
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Cathryn,

Could you please try with File-> Save as (save a copy of this report) in Power BI Service?. After edit report, apply filter for that manager and save changes. This will not generate new dataset as the way you are uploading another pbix file.

In Web Service there is no File Save As option from the Toolbar.  You can right click on a filtered report and choose Save As but that wants you to save file to your PC.  So has anyone found a viable solution?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors