Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

singhal14
Helper I
Helper I

add members to workspace automatically

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to add members in powerbi service while creating workspace, so is there any way to do it automatically.

Because what if I have 200 users, I don't want to type and enter one by one, is there any easy solution to do this.

Thanks,

Akash

3 REPLIES 3

@singhal14 There is no way to do this. I assume you are using the workspace as a place to share content, this is one of the reasons I don't use it for that purpose in scenarios like this. You CAN share a dashboard or App to a AD Security Group though... which would be much more manageable.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

This is not how we work.  We would like to create workspaces for different functions, supply chain, Sales, Finance, etc.. 

and give access to these users to all reports in that Workspace with existing AD groups we also use in our Enterprise BI tool.

If we have to "Pin" every report and pages to Dashboards this would become unmanagable, just another layer of overhead support.

If it is not possible, it should at least to be considered as an Idea to future enhancement.

@wvanpeel I won't argue whether spending time managing each user in Power BI is more time intensive then creating a single dashboard with links to 'n' number of reports.

The functionality you are looking for appears to be on the roadmap if you check out the app workspace article here.

"Today you can add only individuals to the members and admin lists. Soon you'll be able to add multiple AD security groups or modern groups to these lists to allow for easier management."

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors