Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

CrisSmeu

Write text on graph

Hi!

Does anyone know if beside the title of the graph and the legend, I could maybe write additional text inside the graph?

Maybe something like I have attached in the picture with Yearly Target etc. This is something that should be extra from the legend.

Thanks!bigraph.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
vanessa
Post Patron
Post Patron

@CrisSmeu

I don't think that is possible.

But maybe as a workaround, you can use text boxes and grids (with transparent borders, no headers)/card visual and bring the graph to the front.

View solution in original post

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @CrisSmeu

You are able to edit title text of the graph and legend, adjust legend name position using the settings under Format.
2.PNG

However, if you want to write additional text inside the graph in the format as shown in your screenshot, as other post, add a Text Box  or create card visuals.

You can create new columns by using formula below, then create card visuals using new columns and drag these card visuals into your graph.

TextColumn = "Actual behavior : 4 Actual: 14"
TextColumn1 = "Yearly target behavior: 36 Yearly target: 108"
1.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Threeseba

I understand that the thread is six years old, but the concept of adding text inside a graph remains relevant and is a fundamental aspect of data visualization. If you have any more recent questions or need assistance with other topics, please feel free to ask. Additionally, if you're interested in exploring strategies to potentially make $10,000 a month or more through various income streams, you can refer to this informative guide on How to Make 10k a Month. It provides valuable insights that are timeless and can help you work toward your financial goals.

daffjeri

Hello, are you looking to earn extra cash? Earn money by paid surveys and etc. I recommend Clixsense. Free to sign up by clicking below link.

http://www.clixsense.com/?8172285

daffjeri

Hello, are you looking to earn extra cash? Earn money by paid surveys and etc. I recommend Clixsense. Free to sign up by clicking below link.

http://www.clixsense.com/?8172285

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @CrisSmeu

You are able to edit title text of the graph and legend, adjust legend name position using the settings under Format.
2.PNG

However, if you want to write additional text inside the graph in the format as shown in your screenshot, as other post, add a Text Box  or create card visuals.

You can create new columns by using formula below, then create card visuals using new columns and drag these card visuals into your graph.

TextColumn = "Actual behavior : 4 Actual: 14"
TextColumn1 = "Yearly target behavior: 36 Yearly target: 108"
1.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
vanessa
Post Patron
Post Patron

@CrisSmeu

I don't think that is possible.

But maybe as a workaround, you can use text boxes and grids (with transparent borders, no headers)/card visual and bring the graph to the front.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors