Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AltGr9
Helper I
Helper I

Workspace deleted from sharepoint, dashboards still available

Hello,

I have a question similar to the one found here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/WARNING-Resolved-Power-BI-amp-Microsoft-Planner-integration...

But there are key differences.

I created a workspace in PowerBI, and uploaded a dashboard to it, and shared it with various people in the organisation.

I then deleted the workspace in Sharepoint.

The workspace has been deleted from the "Workspaces" menu (at the right of PowerBI), so that I cannot access it anymore.

However, everyone I shared it with can still see the dashboard by going to "Shared with me."

I don't want that. I want to delete the dashboard. Of course, I can't do that now in the normal way, because I don't have access to the workspace under the "Workspaces" menu. How do I go about deleting the dashboard?

Also, before I delete it, I want to find out who I shared the dashboard with. I used to be able to go to it under Workspaces and go to Share, and see a list under the Access tab. Now, of course, I can't get to it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @AltGr9,

I can reproduce this behavior. The workspace members are still able to view shared dashboards even the owner has deleted the whole workspace. Actually, the dashboard will be removed 90 days after the group was deleted. Apart from this, there is no other way to delete the shared dashboards.

We have reported this issue internally. This is a bug that has been confirmed by Microsoft product team. Now product team is working on the fix, appreciate for your patience.

By the way, here is an article written about how to use auditing within your organization to check how many and which users have opened/viewed dasboard. 

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I am also having this issue. As it's been over 90 days since you've deleted yours, can you confirm they have been removed after the 90 day period? Also, it has been quite some time since this bug has been reported. Any update in regards to how long it will take to fix this? It's really confusing to end users.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @AltGr9,

I can reproduce this behavior. The workspace members are still able to view shared dashboards even the owner has deleted the whole workspace. Actually, the dashboard will be removed 90 days after the group was deleted. Apart from this, there is no other way to delete the shared dashboards.

We have reported this issue internally. This is a bug that has been confirmed by Microsoft product team. Now product team is working on the fix, appreciate for your patience.

By the way, here is an article written about how to use auditing within your organization to check how many and which users have opened/viewed dasboard. 

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Has this issue been resolved? Should I expect users to still be able to view a workspace 90 days after it is deleted? 

Hi,

I have this same problem but with a published App. I think I must have deleted the workspace, but all of our staff can still access the obsolete app and some have been using it even though the data is full of errors and I have no way of stopping people from using it. I don't need it back I just want to unpublished it.

Regards,

Max

Hi,

I have this same problem but with a published App. I think I must have deleted the workspace, but all of our staff can still access the obsolete app and some have been using it even though the data is full of errors and I have no way of stopping people from using it. I don't need it back I just want to unpublished it.

Regards,

Max

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors