Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Who should be a Capacity Admin in Dev App Workspace and Prod App Workspace?

I am working on this Power BI Enterprise process. I am a Power BI Admin, and assign the Dev Workspace to Premium, however, I have to setup the Premium Capacity, and if i want to assign the Capacity Admin to the Dev Workspace, whom it should be. Can it Power BI Developer who's publishing the content to Dev workspace, which was created by Power BI Admin. Any suggestion please? 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t think you really need a capacity admin in your case. This is at a capacity level not at the workspace level. Does that make sense?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't have to assign a capacity admin. This option is used if you want someone to manage the capicaity. This would allow the capacity admin to add workspaces to the premium capacity. Remember, you can create multiple capcities under a subscription and allow capacity admin for each capicity to add workspaces to the capacity.

Anonymous
Not applicable

As a Power Bi Admin, I am a capacity Admin by default. However, in my organization they want someone else to be a capacity admin, so either it can be a supervisor or lead, correct me if i am wrong? 

As per your reference "This would allow the capacity admin to add workspaces to the premium capacity", I thought if I assigned in my team a capacity admin for Dev workspace, so it will be specific to that Dev workspace, and he/she can't add multiple workspaces to that capacity, which I as a Power Bi admin has assigned to him/her. Correct me if I am wrong? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t think you really need a capacity admin in your case. This is at a capacity level not at the workspace level. Does that make sense?
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Yeah it does..Thanks

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there, from your question the way I read it, was you are possibly referring to yourself or someone else to be a Capacity Admin?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

As a Power Bi Admin, I know that I can be a Capacity Admin, but other than me who else can be a Capacity Admin likewise supervisor/lead? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors