Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jotaandres
Helper I
Helper I

When clicking on "Create app workspace", it takes me to "Create group"

Hi,

I'm trying to create an app workspace but when I click on the button locates in workspaces, the dialog window I get is to create a group. The fields are different than the ones to create an app workspace. I have the PRO version.

Any ideas?

Jorge

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jotaandres
Helper I
Helper I

I spoke to a Microsoft rep yesterday. What happens is that in the documentation all options are labeled "WorkSpace" while in PowerBI they are labeled "Group", but it is the same thing.

One thing I learned is that reports and/or dashboards cannot be shared between differrent groups. If you need to have the same report/dasboard for 2 different groups/wprkspaces you need to create them in each and they behave independently. The MS rep said they are working on changing that since it creates confusion.

Jorge

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@jotaandres

The app workspace is actually group, and the Power BI group is actually O365 group.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Some insights regarding creating an App in the new read only Apps mode: 

http://www.yanaberkovich.com/Blog/great-apps-news/

Hope you will find the way to create your app from a dashboard 

jotaandres
Helper I
Helper I

I spoke to a Microsoft rep yesterday. What happens is that in the documentation all options are labeled "WorkSpace" while in PowerBI they are labeled "Group", but it is the same thing.

One thing I learned is that reports and/or dashboards cannot be shared between differrent groups. If you need to have the same report/dasboard for 2 different groups/wprkspaces you need to create them in each and they behave independently. The MS rep said they are working on changing that since it creates confusion.

Jorge

Anonymous
Not applicable

Screenshots would help.

I am using Power BI Pro with Office 365 and creating an app workspace creates an office 365 group. If creation of an O365 Group is restricted for users by Enterprise IT, I would expect the background creation of the O365 group to fail and load the O365 - Create Group form.

Can't say more without more details.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors