Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PerfWise

When Personal and Work id's are the same cannot log in to app.powerbi.com

I have hit a small snag.

I have a Microsoft “Work” account like me@company (through GoDaddy.)  This is a Premium account and includes my email account, and my PowerBI account.

For BizSpark I have a “Personal”  account, also me@company.  (I fear using the same email ID in both cases may have had unintended consequences.)

When I go to app.powerbi.com, I am asked to log on with me@company, and it takes me to the GoDaddy sign-in and I log on successfully.  However I then get this:

Link to Error Page 1

Selecting Sign In above gets me this:

Link to Error Page 2

It would appear it is picking up my “Personal” BizSpark account and disallowing access. 

How can I fix this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PerfWise

No need to reply, I figured this out.  Despite their multiple assurances on multiple occasions to the contrary, the Premium Office through GoDaddy does not provide access to PowerBI.  Error Page 2 above is therefore correct.

I was able to get access to PowerBI Pro Developer through my BizSpark account.  The process permitted me to de-link the GoDaddy login, and I was able to create (yet another) new Live ID login to get to PowerBI.

GoDaddy support assures me that they will escalate this issue so their team is aware of this in the future, but in case that does not happen, maybe this will help someone else at some point.

Power On!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PerfWise

No need to reply, I figured this out.  Despite their multiple assurances on multiple occasions to the contrary, the Premium Office through GoDaddy does not provide access to PowerBI.  Error Page 2 above is therefore correct.

I was able to get access to PowerBI Pro Developer through my BizSpark account.  The process permitted me to de-link the GoDaddy login, and I was able to create (yet another) new Live ID login to get to PowerBI.

GoDaddy support assures me that they will escalate this issue so their team is aware of this in the future, but in case that does not happen, maybe this will help someone else at some point.

Power On!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors