Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shahfik

What security audits and certifications does the PowerBI service have?

As above. Does it have SSAE16 SOC 2, ISO27001, etc?

I found the page on audits for Office 365 but there's no mention of Power BI: https://www.microsoft.com/online/legal/v2/en-us/MOS_PTC_Security_Audit.htm

2 REPLIES 2
JanMulkens
Advocate I
Advocate I

Came upon this thread via google.

For other people bumping on this thread, Power BI has several security certifications as announced on the official on 2016/04/19.

The most current information can be found in the Microsoft Trust Center at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/TrustCenter/CloudServices/Power-BI

A direct quote as of the time of writing:

"Compliance
Power BI complies with multiple industry governance programs and standards, and is verified by independent third parties. We obtain third-party audits and certifications so you can trust that the data you provide us is held in accordance with stringent industry safeguards, including:

EU Model Clauses
HIPAA
ISO/IEC 27001
ISO/IEC 27018
UK G-Cloud"

Please mark my reply as the solution if it help you out.
Also check out www.globalpowerbi.com for info on Global Power BI, a Virtual User Group.
haydnr
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

We've just begun pursuing certifications for Power BI. We'll post more information in the coming months. For now, Power BI is not covered by either the O365 Trust Center or the Azure Trust Center.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors