Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TalAruety
Helper I
Helper I

What happens to filterd tile pined to a dashboard

Hi

I Cannot seem to find streigt forward asnwer for that.

Here is a scenario:

I have a report, lets say sales by months.

and a slicer on quarters.

So, in the report,  if i slice qtr 1 ill see data for january, february and march

qtr 2.... etc.

Now, lets say i sliced for qtr 1 and 2017, then pinned the visual that shows the sales to a dashboard.

when i change the slicer on the originating reports, it does not affect the dashborad which wil keep showing the data for qtr 1, 2017.

What happens in the background? 

does the dashboard pinned visual saved to the dashboard with its filter context?

lets say i want to present in the dashboard only qtr 1, 2017 data for this visual, when ever i update my dataset, the pinned visual will present up to date data with the filters applied to it when it was first pinned? (i.e.  is qtr 1 for year 2017)?

can i trust this to show acurate data?

Thanks

Tal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tsapat
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi Tal,

if you pin a visual in a dashboard, it carries with it the applied filters context at the time of the pin. So if the report slicer was set to Q1 2017 and you pin the visual, this will remain as Q1 2017 in the dashboard. 

That's assuming of course that you do not change the filter structure when you republish the dataset.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tsapat
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi Tal,

if you pin a visual in a dashboard, it carries with it the applied filters context at the time of the pin. So if the report slicer was set to Q1 2017 and you pin the visual, this will remain as Q1 2017 in the dashboard. 

That's assuming of course that you do not change the filter structure when you republish the dataset.

Hi

Thanks for your answer.

So to refine that, when the data gets refreshed, assuming nothing in my model changed, it will keep displyaying the sales for the monthes in qtr1 with up to date data from the dataset?

Thank you

Tal

Exactly.

Regards,

Bill.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors