Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cotter2000
Frequent Visitor

What happens after 60 day free trial?

Hi - I am one of a few users in my organization that uses Power BI, and perhaps the first trial user of Power BI Pro.  What happens at the end of the 60 day trial?  Does it simply stop and I go through normal IT channels to get a permanent subscription added to my Office 365?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I asked the same question. From my understanding of the response, you will need to manually sign up for a paid subscription after your trial period. I believe your account will default back to "Free" and all the Pro Features will be removed from your account.

So if you are worried you will rolled forward into a paid subscription because you tried out the trial - I wouldn't be.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
AnandRanga
Helper III
Helper III

I am a Power BI pro trial user, In some days my account is going to expire. I want to know on which date exactly It's getting expired ?

I have searched all over my account but I am not getting it. Can anyone help me with this? 

Thanks.

ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@Cotter2000 Your Power BI Pro account will expire and you can continue using as free Power BI user. You won't be able to access Pro features later

My boss is finished with his Pro free trial but it hasn't reverted to a free account. He can no longer see dashboards I've created. It does give him the option to request an extension. Does one have to exhaust all extensions before reverting to the free account?

@jgarciabu Did you dashboards contain content that is considered "Pro" - if yes, in order to see them he either needs to request an extension, or buy a license to see them. If they didn't then he shouldn't need to extend. Either way, it's worth a shot to see if they grant it.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hey Hi, and what about all the content created in Groups? Will it disappear after the free trial?

@PalomaVazquez I haven't pushed these limits, but based on my experience I'd say the following. I would imagine you would no longer be able to access the Group workspace, but I think that everything you shared from the Group would still be accessible. I say that, because currently even if the Group is deleted and content still remains in the Group, end users still have access to the shared content... (which seems to be a flaw in this particular area).

If by disappear you mean "deleted" then i would say that is highly unlikely.

Thanks for the quick response. I have created all content using my free license. I haven't tried the pro version yet. I also thought that there should have been an auto reversion, but it doesn't appear to have happened. I don't think an extension would hurt. I'd imagine once all extensions have been exhausted the free version should revert for him.

In short, yes.

Thanks - just to confirm, it doesn't start charging automatically after 60 days, does it?

I asked the same question. From my understanding of the response, you will need to manually sign up for a paid subscription after your trial period. I believe your account will default back to "Free" and all the Pro Features will be removed from your account.

So if you are worried you will rolled forward into a paid subscription because you tried out the trial - I wouldn't be.

My 60 days Trial is finished,

Now i cannot navigate between the Workspaces,How to change from Pro account to normal free account ?

Thanks,

Hi,

I am using the Power Bi Pro trial version once it is ended can i access the power bi services free or i need to purchase the license.

Thanks,

Suresh

@sureshdam18 You will need to purchase a Pro license if you are in any app workspace, or sharing any content. If you aren't, then there will be no effect. You can use your own workspace and do your own thing, but cannot see or share content from or to others.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

@Seth_C_Bauer I'm still a bit unsure about this. I'm pro licence user. When I share my report with someone without previous PBI account he is forced to take 60 day pro licence trial. Can he still read my report after those 60 days?  

Teuvo Moilanen

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors